Presented in an easy-to-use format, this comprehensive update of the 2005 edition summarizes the latest information on the 1594 vascular plant taxa currently known to occur in Santa Cruz County.
The 166-page, spiral-bound, 5.5 x 8 in. book includes:
- Color map of the County showing public lands & Sandhills
- Detailed instructions on how to use the Checklist
- An expanded introduction discussing the County’s botanical history as well as its botanical “hotspots” and special areas
- A list of all local taxa arranged alphabetically by family using the latest nomenclature from The Jepson Manual, 2nd Edition & the Jepson eFlora.
- Locality information for listed & “locally rare” taxa
- Appendices treating legal rarity status, endemics, extirpated taxa, undescribed taxa, the most invasive non-natives, and more
- An expanded, 64-page “Notes” section, including tips for identifying difficult taxa, taxonomic issues, habitat information for rare taxa, and more
- An Index to local plant families & genera with new names cross-referenced to superseded names from the first edition of The Jepson Manual